2 May 2012

Random Reads #2 (May)

Want to join in?
  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (click banner).
I have yet to finish Darkfever for the April's random reads but I am in the process of reading it. ;)

My random reads for May is #88 on my list and it is:
Summary: Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.


My thoughts: I added this to my to-read list in June 2011. Another faerie book?! I don't think I can read another one right after The Iron King (read my review here). I am just not really into fae and reading 2 of them within a short time span could mean that I would notice a lot of similarities, which may lead to a biased review. Thus, I am going to give myself perhaps a 2 weeks downtime before I start on The Replacement. I skimmed through the reviews on Goodreads and it is another one of those books where you either love or hate, we shall see! :D

Have you read this? If so what are your thoughts? Leave a link to your May random reads!


P.S. All book covers on Bursting Books are click-able and will redirect you to its Goodreads page.

11 comments:

  1. That cover looks creepy..lol I know what you mean about taking a break between genres. I have a difficult time because I will compare them as well. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my to-reads list too. Looks creep but good. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover of The Replacement, unfortunately I got the other cover with the guy. I haven't read it yet, so I hope you enjoy it.

    Thanks for stopping by me Random Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great choice! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one looks so. freakin. cool. I hope you like it! Are you enjoying Darkfever? I love that series.

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete