18 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4: 10 Undersubscribed BookTubers (Part 1)

TOP 10 BOOKTUBERS (Part 1)

This week's Top Ten Tuesday was supposed to be for my spring TBR but 1) I don't even know when spring is (we don't have seasons here) 2) I already have a whole bunch of books in my TBR, I don't think I will be reading any new releases anytime soon 3) I've recently discovered many BookTubers!
 
So I decided to make a list of BookTubers that you may or may not already be subscribed to but I tried to include BookTubers that lean towards different genres and have less than 10,000 subscribers. I only mentioned 5 of them in this post because I have a few others that I would love to recommend but I've only watched a few of their videos so I thought I would watch a few more to get a better feel of their channel. Stay tuned for part 2 of this list! :)
(This is in no particular order)
1. Sanna aka InkBonesBooks
No. of Subscribers: 8,604

She reads a pretty wide variety of books: eg. classics, young adult, fantasy, adult etc. She explains herself so well and her voice is just so gentle and soothing (is that a weird thing to say?). Also, it doesn't hurt that her thumbnails are all gorgeous!
2. Charlotte aka CharReads
No. of Subscribers: 2,468

Charlotte is from London and works as a web developer/designer. She used to review some YA, contemporaries and fantasy but she mainly reviews classics now. I love her analysis of books, it is very insightful and she always brings up very interesting discussion points! Her reviews are very refreshing and she can articulate her thoughts so well. :) Also, she always talks about how the books relate to her IRL and I think that that is something that is missing in a lot of other BookTube channels.

3. Lindsey aka LindseyRey
No. of Subscribers: 7,898

I love Lindsey's personality and I started reading The Mistborn Trilogy because of her and I can't wait to check out her other recommendations! She reads mainly adult and young adult fantasies, graphic novels, with the occasional contemporaries. I enjoy her feminism discussions and I envy her crazy reading skills (she reads 5 books a week :O).
4. Mercedes aka MercysBookishMusings
No. of Subscribers: 11,063

Her accent is very strong and she speaks pretty quickly, it takes a bit to get used to but her videos are amazing! She reads mostly fantasy/sci-fi and classics and her recommendations are really good as well! I really enjoy how she goes into details about her likes/dislikes about the books that she has read and gives a well-balanced review. She also reads very quickly so its always fun watching her wrap ups :) I know she has more than 10,000 subscribers but she deserves more!!
5. Nikki aka Randomlilreads
No. of Subscribers: 367

She is hilarious! I love her personality and her enthusiasm in all her videos. She seems to read a rather wide variety of books but she only has 5 videos so far and it has been awhile since she made a video. I am hoping that she would be continuing on with this channel! Maybe if she suddenly gets a whole bunch of subscribers she would make a new video? ;)
That is all for this part of the post and I am hoping to get the second part of the post up next month! 

Hope you enjoyed this post! :)
You can follow me via Bloglovin'Twitter or Goodreads.
Which BookTubers do you think deserve more subscribers?
Share them in a comment below or link me up to your post!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for recommending these! :) I've been watching PadfootandProngs07 for about four years and I adore her videos, though I've been looking for some new booktubers to subscribe to as well! I'm glad to see that someone else loves watching book videos too.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm subscribed to her channel too, but she has a whole bunch of subscribers so I didn't mention her here. I hope this was helpful! :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. First of all, whaaaat. You don't have seasons?

    Also, I love BookTube and most of these I already follow. My favorite BookTubers are probably PeruseProject and Megan Olivier, though :)

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nope we don't have it here in Singapore because we are so near to the equator! So essentially we have year-long summers and the occasional rainy season which is still really hot btw.

      Yes my favourite is Reagan too but she already has so many followers so I didn't feature her here. I'll have to check out Megan Oliver! :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. The more I looked at other blogs, I remembered that there were a lot of books that I could have added to my Top Ten list. Basically, I have the same TBR problem. There are so many books I want to read that I can't organize them into a top ten, but I tried.

    I love booktube! I get most of my recommendations from there. I like that you featured booktubers that don't have that many subscribers. I'll definitely be checking their channels out. Great post!

    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete