19 May 2015

Read-a-thon: Bout of Books & #CrushyouTBR Wrap Up


Now that the read-a-thons are over, let's see how I did!

GOALS

1. Listen/Read a least 2-3 hours everyday. ü
 2. Listen/Read at least 4 full-length books. ü 
3. Participate in at least one of the Twitter chats ü 
4. Take part in at lest 2 of the daily challenges û
(I only managed to do one challenge)

STATS

- Read/Listened to a total of 5 full-length novels and 3 graphic novels.
- Read/Listened to a total of 2128 pages. (average of 304 pages a day)
- Spent 31 hours reading/listening. (average of 4.4 hours a day)

In chronological order:
       
Most surprising, Best Cover & Favourite: A Court of Thorns & Roses // I reviewed this a few days back!
Waste of time: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn // What a drag.
Happy tears: Chew Volume 5-7 // SO GOOD!
Worse Cover: The Giver // Who thought this was a good idea!?
p.s. I DNF-ed Crewel by Gennifer Albin. It was way too similar to The Giver and I just lost interest.

THOUGHTS

In general, I had more time to read during the weekdays than the weekends because I was out with my boyfriend the whole of Saturday and I had to attend my cousin's wedding on Sunday. This was my first time committing so much time to a read-a-thon and I think I learnt that reading one book a day is totally doable but not very practical on a regular basis.

I might have pushed myself a little too much last week and now I just feel completely burnt out.
I am really proud of myself for getting so much reading done though, it feels good to have achieved something!

Okay, I am gonna go now and read some comics to get myself back into the reading mood.

How did you do for the Read-a-Thon?
p.s. there is still time to earn entries for my international giveaway! :)

1 comment:

  1. SO MANY BOOKS. What even?! **Hides in shame with my one novel and two graphic novels** I had so much going on during that week, though, but it is SUPER awesome that you got so much reading done! Take a break, watch some Netflix, and take a break from reading, you deserve it!
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete