25 May 2012

Review: Prada & Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

Title: Prada & Prejudice
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: June 11th 2009
Source: paperback (borrowed)
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Goodreads | Amazon

Summary: To impress the popular girls on a high school trip to London, klutzy Callie buys real Prada heels. But trying them on, she trips, conks her head, and wakes up in the year 1815! There Callie meets Emily, who takes her in, mistaking her for a long-lost friend. As she spends time with Emily's family, Callie warms to them--particularly to Emily's cousin Alex, a hottie and a duke, if a tad arrogant.

But can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, and win Alex's heart, before her time in the past is up?

More Cabot than Ibbotson, Prada and Prejudice is a high-concept romantic comedy about finding friendship and love in the past in order to have happiness in the present.


Review: This is the first time I will be reviewing a book days after I've read it, two days actually. Hopefully this doesn't affect the quality of the review. This book has been on my TBR list since 2009/2010 so I am soooo glad I finally got around to it!

Prada & Prejudice was a really funny read and I found myself laughing out loud ever so often and that is really not an easy feat, considering my crabby mood that day. I finished the book in about 2 hours, it was a really fast and light read. It is based loosely on Pride and Prejudice, with a modern day girl-next-door. It has a very Jane Austen romance to it.

Callie can get really silly so I had to constantly remind myself that she is only 15 after all. That was the only problem I had, all the other characters were nice to get to know and I thought there was enough character development despite the length of the novel. Kudos to Mandy Hubbard! Plot wise was great, pacing was good, ending was succinct (in a good way of course) and this is one of those rare times where I thought that a short novel actually worked out pretty well. :)

Not a very long review since it was only 270 pages long, it is a really good summer read by the pool!

My rating:

Recommended for Jane Austen fans and anyone looking for a chick lit read this summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment