16 May 2012

Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: August 1st 2010
Series: The Iron Fey #2
Source: Paperback (library)
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
Goodreads | Amazon

Summary: Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Review:  I expected so much more from the second book in the series. I would say that overall, I enjoyed The Iron Daughter more than The Iron King. Megan was a lot less annoying and so much stronger. What I didn't really like was her indecisiveness when it comes to the matters of the heart. I was rooting for Ash at the end of The Iron King but I found myself cheering Puck on in this one.

My favourite character in the previous book was Grim but it is definitely the Iron Horse in this one, I loved his booming voice. I always make it sound extra loud in my head. :) Another thing I really enjoyed was the ending of this book! It is a good cliff hanger which kind of concludes things in a way although we all know for sure that it is not going to be the end of Megan's adventures.

Moving on to the things I didn't really like about The Iron Daughter. First up, it is kind of the same backbone structure of book one. Something is stolen, Megan decides to find it, planning goes underway, she finds the said stolen something and returns it to where it belongs. The plot outline was boring, there really wasn't much that went unpredicted. I wanted more drama with the action! The details within it however were really good.

This series should really be turned into a movie, the visuals were amazing! Overall, I enjoyed the fast pace of this book and the action. I just wished that there was a variety in the plot. The next book in the series is The Iron Queen and I have a feeling I know who that would turn out to be. The series seems to be changing in direction so hopefully there would not another stolen item...

My rating:

Recommended for anyone who loves fae, enjoys reading about an adventure with a cute love triangle in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment